Today’s generation considers arranged marriages to be quite regressive and a patriarchal set up. But, in many instances,you will see that they are as good as love marriages. The debate about the kind of marriage being better has been there in our society for a while now. You will find many people who claim that getting married after falling in love offers an opportunity to know the person beforehand.
The young people of this generation are so sceptical about arranged marriages because of the fact that they do not know each other. But, surprisingly arranged marriages also have many positive sides. This is the reason why Jain matrimony agencies are such a hit.The best part about an arranged marriage these days is that you get the opportunity to know each other for a while before you tie the knot. If you are still looking for more reasons, we are here to enlighten you.
- The best part about an arranged marriage is that you do not have to go through the struggle of investing your time and energy in convincing your parents to a specific person. As the person will be your parent’s choice, you will only be required to accept or reject the proposal. There is no room for arguments or fights. Everything is quite smooth and simple in an arranged marriage setup.
- After you are married, you will have endless opportunities to discover the interests of your spouse. You will get to know so much about your partner. As you haven’t lived together before, it is quite intriguing you discover their likes, dislikes, lifestyle, and daily habits.
- Everything will seem like a dream. As you do not know much about each other. There is always some excitement in the background. The process of learning is so exciting. In arranged marriages, you give each other the time to fall in love with each other.
- As arranged marriages are mostly conducted in the same community, you end up finding someone who is more socially compatible to you. You have similar upbringing, language barriers, and cultural norms as you are part of the same community or culture. As there are fewer differences, lesseradjustmentsneed to be made. The best part is that you will not have any language barrier.
- It is a misconception that arranged marriages do not have mutual respect. As the match is found by their family members, couples put in a lot of effort to make the relationship work. There also exists a sense of commitment towards the spouse and his/her family.
- There is nothing compared to the joy of making your parents happy. Marriage can be major step forward in life and family support is very important. Arranged marriages not only make sure that your parents are happy, but they also strengthen the ties between the two families.
Everyone is entitles to their own opinion. But before making a judgement that arranged marriages are bad, try to look at the positives that arranged marriages have to offer.